Financial Life Planning
It is not uncommon for people to think of a financial plan designed around getting to and through their retirement. However between beginning one's working years and their retirement “LIFE” happens - marriage, home purchase, children, career changes, income increases and decreases, etc. As such, a financial plan should really be associated with a person’s “Life Plan”. While life isn’t always easy to plan for, we can use some common assumptions and build a plan that is flexible for some of the changes life will bring.
As a Financial Life Management firm, we are life planners who strive to add value to the overall financial health and well-being of our Clients and their families by serving as the primary point of contact to ensure Clients’ financial decisions are well-integrated with their lifestyle decisions. This also helps us to keep our Clients on track.
Your Life Plan In Action
- A plan around your life, not just retirement or investments.
- Assumes your life will experience change and a need to pivot is likely.
- Your Advisor is your navigator, but you are the driver.
Our Planning Approach: Your Mental Wealth™ Planning Process
Our approach of blending behavioral finance with financial psychology in the financial planning process allows your OCCAM Advisor to have a deeper understanding of who you are, your life goals, and your overall needs. In return, we are able to build a more comprehensive Financial Life Plan for you and your Advisor to work together throughout the implementation.
We will analyze your financial status, taking into account your assets, liabilities, cash flow, insurance coverage, tax strategies, and investments. Based on your financial health, money scripts, risk tolerance, values and goals, we will provide you with Personalized Financial Life Plan and Investment Recommendations.
If you need help with your Financial Life Plan or Investment Management, please call us to schedule an appointment so we can learn about you, answer your questions and share how we can help.
- Financial Beliefs
- Unique Investor Behavior
- Values & Goals
Help to Understand: Gain personal insight through the Your Mental Wealth Process.
- Understand your values and financial goals.
- Understand your unique investor behavior.
- Understand your financial beliefs.
- Review & Report Financial Status
- Provide Gap Analysis
- Provide Recommendations
Help to Analyze: Review and Report your current financial status. Provide financial plan and investment recommendations.
- Review and analyze current financial status – gather, review, document all financial, insurance, and estate planning information.
- Perform forecast and gap analysis – Are you on track to meet your financial and life goals? Do you have the right strategy in place? Does your current plan align with your values?
- Evaluate alternative courses of actions- We will discuss options to meet your financial and life goals.
- Provide financial plan and investment recommendations.
- Implement Financial Plan & Investment Recommendations
- Ongoing Monitoring
- Ongoing Guidance, Communication, and Plan Refinement
Help to Take Control: Action Plan and Implementation
- Implement your financial plan and investment recommendations
- Ongoing monitoring of your plan, pivot as necessary to keep your plan on track.
- Ongoing guidance and communication to review, report, and respond to life and goal changes.